Construction and Facilities Management Associate
About SkyREM, LLC:
SkyREM, LLC with offices in Philadelphia and in New York City, is a privately funded and managed real estate company which owns and operates a large, diversified portfolio of properties in the United States. Both as a principal for its own account, and in selected circumstances, as a third-party asset manager, Sky’s combination of creativity and entrepreneurism allows it to develop innovated solutions to maximize property value. We are seeking a Construction/Facilities Management Associate to work from our Philadelphia office.
As a Construction/Facilities Management Associate, you participate in the day-to-day operations of the Construction/Facilities Management team, assist team members with tasks related to construction, renovation and upfit real estate and solar projects. Facilitate property management and operational issues related to our real estate portfolio. This role is intended to grow into a Construction/Asset Manager position within Sky.
About the Role:
- Interact with Design and Construction teams to build an in-depth understanding of real-world construction methods and challenges
- Involvement in construction and supervision of Sky’s solar energy assets
- Gain familiarity with typical construction tasks, including construction services procurement, contract award and buy-out, and the creation of RFI’s, AIA industry-standard documents, and contract documents
- Understand the contributions and responsibilities of the Development and Investments teams throughout the life of a project
- Learn our philosophy, principles, and policies that guide the conduct of our projects
- Coordinate and inspect field work across a variety of new projects with the goal of ensuring they meet established schedule, budgetary, and quality agreements
- Participate in construction meetings, track change order requests and problem issues, and prepare and distribute project status n reports
- Research and recommend cost-saving initiatives
- Contribute feedback aimed at improving the operational success of the projects, including improved safety, cost control, and environmental effectiveness
- Interact with Property Managers regarding facilities management and operational issues.
Your Building Blocks of Success
• Demonstrated interest in Real Estate/Solar and Construction/Facilities Management
• Strong communication, planning, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Exceptional attention to detail; ability to prioritize multiple assignments under tight deadlines
• Interested in renewable energy and positive social/environmental impact
• High proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word.
To apply please email your resume to